Entry #6 Capitalism: A Love Story Personal Opinions




I was a bit skeptical at first when being assigned to watch this movie because really long movies about politics are not what I enjoy watching. But after finishing the movie I actually quite enjoyed it and what Moore wanted us to see about the cruel system of capitalism. He showed the audience what this system was doing to United States citizens by using pathos to connect the audience emotionally and to persuade their opinions on capitalism and it worked for me in my opinion. I knew what capitalism was, but I did not know how bad it was for our economy seeing how many workers lost their jobs for corporate greed really saddens me because how could anyone be that cruel to people. The style of the movie was really effective because he made it serious yet has thrown in-jokes that the audience can laugh at but still understanding the movie's purpose. The use of old news tapings was a pretty cool way to see where capitalism started and how it grew to a nation filled with greed and inhumanity. When Moore showed that family on the farm being evicted and moved the eviction date up saddened me because they were already in such pain with losing their house and they had to worry about moving out sooner with no early notice. This film helped me understand more about what is important to our government's greed and money and what they do not care about is the hardworking people that are helping our nation for the better. I would absolutely recommend this film to my friends and family because everyone should know why capitalism is not what our country needs.

Comments