Entry #7 What Is a Hashtag?



I have been on social media since I was about twelve years old and I have heard about hashtags for a long time and also used them countless times. Hashtags are a way for people to see your posts depending on the audience you are trying to reach. Let's say that you are a photographer wanting others to see your work and to gain more business. You would want to use hashtags with different photography mottos or words that are extremely popular on Instagram and there are websites that search for those hashtags for you. Having popular hashtags under your posts means you will gain more attraction to your posts because Instagram has a feature that lets you follow or browse different hashtags so you are sharing your posts to a different kind of community. Twitter is the same thing hashtags trend every hour and every day of the week either political or just totally random they trend. And thousands of accounts tweet to those hashtags and people view them and like them whether they are powerful tweets or tweets that make you laugh. I myself use hashtags that are popular I search up the most popular ones and usually get a good amount of likes. I like to post my photography a lot so searching up some photography related hashtags are my best friend. I also love to look at posts using certain hashtags because they have good inspiration for photoshoot ideas. There is a cultural significance idea about hashtags, for example, the art or fashion world. This is their culture and they show it by expressing themselves on Instagram and using hashtags to share it with others in their community. Click this link to see where I find popular hashtags on Instagram.

Comments