
Throughout this last module, I really started to see a change in how I see media. I never realized how addicting it could be I always thought that there was no harm staying up until 6 am on social media. it is just crazy to me to think about how I and many other people waste their time on social media instead of being productive. I have also noticed how social media can change people and can really damage someone's self-esteem. And how can one not question their self-image when the social media world is full of attractive men and women. People also become more offended by social media when it comes to not receiving messages every day from certain people. Some of my closest friends blocked me from social media because I did not have the time to reach out to them every day they were mad at me but I have not received any texts from them as well. I have also noticed a change in media when it comes to worldwide news. People often cause panic when not needed and I really saw that recently with the coronavirus news. People were really scared at what the media was telling them and I feel that is why it is extremely difficult to find food and resources in grocery stores today. To be quite honest, social media is not for everyone and that is okay to not want to be apart of it. It is a world that can be full of unneeded hate and jealously and If I wasn't so glued to it I wish I were off of it years ago.
Comments
Post a Comment